Becoming an SSI Open Water Diver is the best way to start your scuba adventure due to worldwide recognition!
SSI (Scuba Schools International) is one of the largest diving training agencies worldwide with dive centers all over the world.With personalized training and taking enough time, SSI instructors make sure you are comfortable under water with the skills and equipment you use.
A Divemaster is a diving qualification used in recreational scuba diving for a diver who has overall responsibility for a group of divers. Divemaster also refers to the first professional rating of many training agencies, such as PADI, SSI, SDI.
The certification is a pre-requisite for becoming an instructor in diving with most agencies.
Who can start the SSI Instructor Training Course?There are a few requisites to start the SSI ITC:
- be at least a certified an SSI Dive Control Specialist or PADI Divemaster or equivalent to start the course.
- be 18 years or older
- have made at least 75 logged dives (you need 100 logged dives at the end of the course)
- have a current medical exam for diving, signed by a licensed medical practitioner
- provide proof of current 1st aid and CPR training (valid within 24 months)
- have your own full set of scuba equipment
- have the right and positive attitude to become a dive instructor
Open Water Diver course consists of 3 parts: Academics, Pool Training and Open Water Sessions.
Academics:The SSI Training Materials and Online Training program are designed so that you can learn the academics at your own pace when it is convenient for you. You can complete the academics online when you sign up for SSI’s Online Training program, and then attend review sessions at your favorite SSI Dive Center.
Pool Training:For your pool and open water training your instructor will fit you to your scuba equipment so you will become comfortable in your “second skin”.
Open Water Sessions:You will complete at least 4 open water dives and have the chance to experience everything you learned in the pool hands-on. After successful completion of your open water training dives you will become a Certified Diver. The SSI Open Water Diver certification is recognized worldwide so your diving experiences will be limitless.